Robert W. Davis, Jr.,
Attorney at Law
CALL 662-269-4454

CALL 662-269-4454

Vigorously Protecting Your Rights

Photo of Robert W. Davis

Preventing a custody dispute during summer break

On Behalf of | May 26, 2020 | Divorce |

Whether you are preparing for divorce, currently working through the end of your marriage or have already completed the process, it is imperative to take steps to reduce conflict, especially when it comes to legal matters involving children. For example, you should thoroughly commit to preventing a custody dispute, especially during summer break when children are out of school and often have more free time around the house.

There are a number of strategies that you can employ to reduce the likelihood of a custody dispute arising during summer vacation. Our law office realizes how crucial it is to go over all of your options closely.

Parenting plans and communication

For starters, it is imperative for parents to make sure that their parenting plan addresses specific issues and thoroughly takes various details into account. From preparing for events in the summer to vacation time and other matters, having a solid parenting plan is one of the best ways to avoid a custody dispute. Moreover, communication with your ex is also vital. Whether you inform your child’s other parent of changes to your schedule or simply try to stay on the same page, effective communication is crucial. Moreover, try to avoid hostile language or comments that increase the chances of a dispute.


Sometimes, parents simply need to have flexibility with regard to their schedule and their ability to work with their child’s other parent. Parents need to safeguard their legal rights, but showing a certain level of understanding is often helpful and prevents more difficult challenges from arising later on. If you are working through these concerns or simply want to learn more about custody issues, spend more time on our website.


FindLaw Network

Start Protecting Your Future Today

To schedule an appointment to talk to me about your case, complete and submit the form below.