Missing child found safe with biological mother in Mississippi

When children go missing, there is nothing more terrifying for their parents. Sometimes, the kidnapping was expected, though, like in the case of parents who have made previous threats to interfere with child custody or consistently failed to return children to the other parent on time.

Custody: Get the help you need to resolve custody conflicts

Mississippi is a state that has joined the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA), which gives you the guarantee that the state will recognize your support order even when it's made in another state. The state adopted this act in 1982, making it easier for parents to trust the state's legal system in upholding their current arrangements.

What is parental alienation, and can you fight it?

If you and your ex-spouse are working on a parenting plan or going to court over the custody of your children, one issue that may come up is the possibility of parental alienation. Parental alienation is a process by which one parent psychologically manipulates a child into not wanting to see the other parent, showing hostility toward them or acting out against them.

What should you know about custody in Mississippi?

There are some questions you may have if you are living in Mississippi and have to decide on child custody arrangements. First, you want to know that you and your ex-spouse will share the care of your children together, even though you're not still living together. You also want to know that your child custody orders will be held up between states, should anything happen.

Choosing joint custody: Understand what it means

Child custody arrangements are an important factor in any divorce case. When you have a child with another person, there's usually a good chance that you and your ex-spouse will share custody (unless there are significant reasons to disallow the other parent in your child's life).

When should children get a say in custody decisions?

Child custody often becomes most difficult when a child gets to the age that he or she has an opinion. Whether your child is a young teenager or one about to reach adulthood, there is a chance that they will have something to say about any parenting plan or arrangement you set up during a divorce.

Contact Us:

Office Location:

542 Jefferson St.
Tupelo, MS 38804

Toll Free: 877-298-6042
Phone: 662-269-4454
Fax: 662-842-2567
Tupelo Law Office Map

google map